Friday, February 2, 2007

Book Review - Deep Survival

All-round a pretty solid book. Fascinating look at the psychology behind survival situations and why some live and some die. I can see the thought process being useful... not that I expect to find myself in that many life-and-death situations any time soon, but as I read the book, I found myself making a determined effort to be more conscious & observing of my instincts in everyday stressful situations. That being said, I spent most of the book waiting for the punchline... "OK, so tell me how to be one of the ones that lives!!!" only to find that the last chapter is "So, I can't really tell you how to be one of the ones that lives, but here are a few pieces of useful survival knowledge..." Read it expecting a psychology book rather than a survival guide, and you'll dig it.

No comments: